CIDP Preclinical laboratory has developed antiviral assays:
- To test anti-viral potential of finished cosmetic products with suspected protective effects against viral infections.
- To test cosmetic ingredients suspected to exhibit anti-viral properties of
antiviral products and their effects in vitro and also ex vivo.
Test Systems Antiviral Testing
In vitro HeLa cells, HaCaT cells and Vero cells…
- Wide range of cellular host can be used to fully investigate different types of viruses.
- The mode of action of the anti-viral test-items can be investigated up to an intra-cellular level.
Types of viral test-organism proposed at CIDP (excluding Coronaviridea family):
- Enveloped viruses and non-enveloped viruses: lentiviruses, rhinoviruses or vesiculoviruses…
Methodology for anti-viral strategy in vitro:
- Pre-antiviral treatment (Cytotoxicity assay)
- Antiviral assay (3 types of assays; Prophylactic, Post-infection assay, and Virucidal)
- Post antiviral treatment (Plaque assay)
- Downstream analysis: Viral binding assay (ELISA), qRT-PCR (rate of replication)